Bits from Bill

Technology thoughts leaking from the brain of "Bill Pytlovany"

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Vacation is over

I’ve returned from our recent vacation refreshed, and ready to get back to work. So much as occurred it’s hard to know where to start.

Ben Edelman reports that 180solution has again failed to control their affiliates.

Word has gotten out that 21 year old, Australian Gold medal Olympic skier Dale Begg-Smith financed his training by owning  a spam/hijacking/spyware company CPM Media.

All my Series 2 TiVo’s have been updated so I can now purchase movie tickets, play games and use a number of applications that puts TiVo into a league of its own.  Games include the popular marble game “SameGame”, a Scrabble like word game and a  Connect Four game with a pirate theme.  Very Cool! I will be writing more about this and privacy concerns.

ZDNet reports that an Homeland Security official who suggested outlawing rootkits.

Google is advising their new Desktop 3 beta should be properly configured or it could pose a security risk in multi-user environments. Andy Ku, European marketing manager for Google said, “Companies can disable the Search Across Computers facility”.

This is just the tip of the iceberg of the news that has occurred while Cindi and I were laying on the beach in Puerto Rico.  I’ll be spending the day answering Email and researching many of these stories.

This morning my brain is still thinking of vacation related issues. For instance, I’ve decided I like Marriott over Hyatt.  I also found it strange that we ran into more bilingual staff who spoke English when we vacationed in Aruba than we did in Puerto Rico.  The hours spent watching Dora the Explorer with my grandkids didn’t help much.                                                          Adiós

Share on Facebook


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home