Bits from Bill

Technology thoughts leaking from the brain of "Bill Pytlovany"

Friday, September 07, 2007

Minor WinPatrol release news

Word spreads fast on the internet so I figured I probably should mention that there’s a minor new release of WinPatrol made available today. This news will probably be lost among reports of new iPods and nude photos of Vanessa Hudgens, the 18 year old star of Disney’s High School Musical.


Just the same, I thought I’d let my WinPatrol fans know version 12.0.2007.5 is now available. Unless you’re having a problem getting PLUS Info, there’s no immediate need for you to download the new version. This is a minor release. The most notable change is a new option that allows folks to use the original black Scotty icon in the system tray.


New Options for WinPatrol


You can always download the newest version of WinPatrol by going to our web site, http://www.winpatrol.com/download.html. Scotty should remember you're a PLUS member and activate your PLUS features. If not click on the PLUS tab and enter your Name/Registration code combination to activate your PLUS features. For specific information on the new release see http://www.winpatrol.com/upgrade.html

Labels: , ,

Share on Facebook


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for giving us back the old Scotty icon.

Bill

11:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I used you reg code to change it before..
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\BillP Studios\WinPatrol\Options]
"TrayIcon"="159"

What should I do to undo this so I can have Scotty make the change..

If I uncheck use old Scotty it does not go back to the new Icon..

Should I just delete the Reg Entry?
Thanks

8:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Adric,

Good question. You can ignore the registry setting with Regedit.
The same registry location is used by the newest WinPatrol.
Instead of reg scripts or regedit the value will he controlled by the check box on the Options page.

Bill

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been a WinPatrol fan for several years, Bill. WinPatrol is outstanding protection and I appreciate your dedication to its continued success. Thanks for that! Another PC product that has been a major part of my experience is the Mozilla FireFox browser. I have little faith in the safety of IE use. Actually, the only time it comes into play for my use is when I have to use it to update my operating system from Microsoft on this PC. They can get ugly if you try to download anything from their site using the FireFox browser. Sad! Anyway, I read that you are also a fan of the FireFox browser. Nice!

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home