Bits from Bill

Technology thoughts leaking from the brain of "Bill Pytlovany"

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion

This will be my last post for at few days at least.  Tomorrow, I’m having what Dr Cheney assures me is a text-book procedure at Albany Medical Center.  I’m told it’s very common and I’ll be back to work in a couple weeks.


It’s amazing how many people tell me they know someone who has had this procedure. I’m surprised at how many people have had their throat cut open, their cervical discs removed, replaced with new bone and then fused together with a little clip.


While it sure doesn’t sound like fun, I’m looking forward to the relief it will provide.  For the last few months I’ve been connecting to my office computer via my ThinkPad and GoToMyPC so I’m looking forward to sitting up straight again.


Feel free to read through some of my older posts and check out the search box for previous topics.  BitsFromBill.com will be three years old next week. I’ll have some time to come up with some new topics and will be posting again as soon as I get a chance.


If you found me searching Google because you have neck problems stop back and I’ll tell you how it goes.  One of my old friends helped create http://www.revolutionhealth.com so I’ll probably post reviews of my medical care there. 


Sidenote: November 19th is also the 11th Anniversary of the launch of our very first WinPatrol to the public.


 


 

Labels: ,

Share on Facebook


9 Comments:

Blogger George, Group Admin said...

Get well, feel better. We will wait anxiously for your recovery.

George
Charleston SC

9:33 AM  
Blogger TeMerc said...

Hope it all goes smoothly Bill, we look forward to your quick recovery and to have you back amongst us, Tweeting and blogging

9:36 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Well Bill, guess what?

I had this procedure about five years past. I thought this was a unique procedure, until I showed up for my first follow-up. The waiting room was filled with patients with stiff collars and forlorn stares.

Follow the Doc's post-op instructions and you'll do fine.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Corrine said...

You will be in my thoughts, Bill. I'm sure all will go well.

Happy 11th Anniversary Scotty!

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of luck, with the operation, Bill.

I hope you feel well enough to enjoy the upcoming anniversaries. Congrats!

I will certainly miss the Bits while you are offline.

Brian (AKA The Dean)

7:35 PM  
Blogger Gordon Bennet said...

Go well - look forward to hearing that you are fully recovered in due course.

10:49 PM  
Blogger RamblingRoland said...

Best wishes on your procedure.

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is indeed a routine procedure, Bill, with excellent results. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

8:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hope all has gone well, Bill!
Kind regards, and compliments for the imminent season.

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home