Bits from Bill

Technology thoughts leaking from the brain of "Bill Pytlovany"

Sunday, May 24, 2009

WinPatrol Honors World War II Veterans

Memorial Day is always an emotional weekend for my family and others. Last year I discovered a nationwide programs called the Honor Flight Network.  The goal of this charity is to help send World War II veterans to Washington D.C to visit the five year old WWII National Memorial. The Honor Flight Network won’t be around for long because our World War II veterans are passing away at a rate of 1,200 a day.

Patriot Flight Inc.

Last year, I started what I hope will become a WinPatrol tradition. I took all our $29.95 Memorial Day upgrades to WinPatrol PLUS along with my own cash and donated everything to our local Honor Flight Network chapter. Last year I raised $1,078 to help send World War II vets to Washington.  I regret my dad who served on Siapan never had a chance to participate before he passed last month. Hopefully this year if I can get the word spread via Facebook or Twitter. we can beat last years total.

So, if you’ve been thinking about upgrading, May 25th, 2009 might be a good day. Click here to purchase your WinPatrol PLUS activation code.


Labels: , ,

Share on Facebook


4 Comments:

Blogger cuggie said...

God Bless You, Bill
Dwane [cuggie]

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Son of WWII Vet said...

What a great way to honor WWII veterans! My father also served in that war.

I've already upgraded because WinPatrol is a great product.

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Bill.

My father also served. I have done what little I can to spread your word.

2:22 AM  
Blogger ROBERT LESTER said...

As a no-account son of an USMC veteran of Iwo Jima,Siapan and a few other battles I Question this.

Prior to his death I drove my Daddy several times to the Veterans Medical Center in Salem Va and asked him if wanted to stop at the D-Day Memorial in Bedford Va.

NO!

Ever since I can remeber Daddy screamed in his sleep at least once a week.

His favorite president was Harry Truman. "Can you see why?"David Sklansky

1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home